6.26.2007

War kid

No, I'm not talking about the Iraqi war, or whatever they're calling it. I'm talking about something that most people wouldn't consider a war. But let me tell you, it did start a major conflict... or maybe I should say it has started some major conflicts. I can't really say... but I know America has suffered in it's memory, so I'm sure other countries have as well. Are you wondering what I'm talking about now? Yes? No? Haha it's not really funny, but if you don't laugh you gotta cry.

I'm a product of war. Both the physical and mental aspects of it. You see, prejudice is a war we fight every single day of our godforsaken lives. It's not even about being African American anymore. It's everybody. If you see someone of middle eastern decent walking down the street, what do you do? Glare? Give a dirty look? Or think something along the lines of 'bastard bombed our country'?

We have become a state... a country... a nation... a world of stereotypes. I can't say just one region because, well... really, we are what we are. A world divided (unfortunately, that's a topic for another day). We build everything that we have upon stereotypes. Take American's for example. We are now the stereotypical epitome of fat, lazy materialistic bums. Alright, next. Let's take China, Japan or any of those eastern Asian isles. We consider them to be incredibly smart but when we come across one that is *gasp* normal we're quite shocked.

But the truly sad thing would be the prejudice that lies within our own borders. Whites against blacks. Blacks against latinos. And then, even among our own racial groups we have conflict. We've got gang wars and killing going on every day... kids don't even get a chance at life. We're getting tied, bound and whipped by the media ties who only fuel anger by telling lies. I'm ready for the explosions to happen. When everybody snaps and starts to fight back. That'll be one helluva time let me tell you.


~Epoch [z]

p.s. You think I ranted enough there? Haha What can I say, I'm a war kid in every aspect of the term.

10 comments:

someGirl said...

You have conviction...A characteristic I fear I lack. I always feel like I'm missing something; a thought, an idea, a point of view if I am THAT unwavering...Disregard this post I'm stuck in my head this morning.

Hannah said...

It is sad but true.
Because I cannot understand or even get my head around the logic of someone being racist; I am very caught by surprise when I come across it. I can't believe that it is a real issue that still happens. How many years have people of all ethnicities be living together and it is still prevalent in our world.

I find it heart breaking.

Thank you for posting what you did. It was very insightful.



P.S. This is kind of random, but what does your name mean? J

Epoch [z] said...

hannah - It is sad. But of course, these are the issues of the real world. And as of now, people are being stubborn and not letting go of preconceived notions of a past life. Eventually the blindfolds will be gone though. Hopefully...


Oh yeah, my name.

Epoch (n.)
epoch applies to the beginning of a new period marked by radical changes and new developments.

Z (n.)
My favorite letter of the english alphabet.

I choose epoch because one day, I want my ideas to mark a radical change, to bring on a new beginning in anyway possible. Maybe wishful thinking, but, well... yeah... that's the story behind the name.


~Epoch [z]

p.s. thanks for your opinion and comment.

Joe said...

great stuff epoch

365 Days, Will I Make It?
http://onemansgoal.blogspot.com

Graham Ettridge said...

Hiya epoch(z)...a very topical post. I've been watching the news here in England today - 2 bombs found in London and an explosion in Glasgow Airport, all linked to al-Qaeda...what is the world coming to? I'm a world traveller and in my opinion it is the extremist fundamentalists that ruin it for the rest of us....Power and Greed!! Keep up the wonderful and thought provoking posts. Kind regards ~ Graham

Epoch [z] said...

365 Days - Thanks and I'm pulling for you. I hope you make it.

Getty72 - Those are the type of people that make living a craptastic journey. Some people cannot stand living in what the world is today and they feel that it would be better if they lead the struggle. Depressing thought but so true.

Many thanks for your comment. It is much appreciated.


~Epoch [z]

Paper Fan Club said...

War kid = great post. As the verse says, "A little child shall lead them" -- and that includes someone (regardless of birth certificate) who is young of heart, open of mind and expressive of spirit!

Epoch [z] said...

Paper Fan Club - Thank you! You've made me one happy person :)


~Epoch [z]

JILL SMOLINSKI said...

So true about prejudice...thanks for the post.

Epoch [z] said...

Thanks for for your comment and I like your blog :)


~Epoch [z]