7.13.2007

Times of Torment

Well... looks like this post, like my last, will have no reflection on my thoughts. It seems that I'm showing various symptoms related to diabetes. Unfortunately, my family has a long history of diabetes. My cousin having been diagnosed only a few years ago. As well as this, my grandma and a few of my aunts have this disease as well. I suppose I'll be informing my mother because it's begun to get out of hand. I believe it's time I see a doctor and spoke to him/her about my suspicions. Hopefully though, it stays just that, a suspicion. I really haven't got a desire to stick myself with a needle various times a day (although I don't suppose anyone does). I'll admit I'm kind of scared. As I can see, these are the symptoms that have decided to make themselves known.

-Frequent Urination
-Fatigue
-Odd Aches and Pains
-Vaginal Yeast Infection (<--- that would be the big tip off I'm thinking. From what I've read, I have one, and have had them for the past year or so)
-Irritability (generally I'm very mellow)
-Tingling in the feet (from what I've read, it sound similar to the numbness felt when the foot or hands 'fall asleep'. This happens to my foot and/or feet various times a day)
-Cramping (despite the fact that I'm not on my period or PMSing)

I'll be truthful with you and say that I'm kind of scared. I'm tired of having to constantly go to the bathroom, I'm tired of snapping at my family because I can't seem to get in a good mood, I'm tired of waking up and experiences queer little pains that stem from nothing throughout the day, I'm tired of having to put ice on my foot (or feet) just because it 'feel asleep' for the 5th time today, I'm tired of being pissy because of goddamned cramps when I'm not even on my period, but most of all I'm scared shitless when I wake up and feel that another bump (or boil, or wart, whatever you call it) has shown up in my vaginal area. Gods they hurt like hell. I know it's not genital herpes, I've never had sex. Intercourse, oral, or otherwise. For goodness sake, I've never even kissed a boy. I'm scared, scared, scared. Frightened, whatever. I'm hoping upon every hope that I'm just being paranoid, but the truth is, I've got to face reality. Everything is going against me. Family history, the symptoms. All I need is the doctor to verify the situation. I don't intend on dropping dead so I think I'll take a visit to the doc before I hit the body bag.


~Epoch [z]


19 comments:

Paper Fan Club said...

My parents were diagnosed within the past 10 years and I often worry that my fate is the same. I think fear is our own worst enemy, Z, so better for us to find out and learn as much as we can while we can. My thoughts are with you!!

Epoch [z] said...

That is most unfortunate :[ Ah... but thank you, I'm hoping for the best.


~Epoch [z]

Anonymous said...

Depending on the Type of diabetes that runs in your family...sounds like Type 2...this website might help you out some. http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/diabetes.html

Let us know how it goes with the doctor. I would suggest you try to do the natural cure thing before you start taking a medicine. Just make sure you DR is willing to back you up on it.

Epoch [z] said...

Thanks Spiff. I checked that site you suggested and it looks pretty helpful. I've bookmarked it so I can go back.

I'll make sure to keep you informed as much as I can. I'll paying the doc a visit in the next couple of days.


~Epoch [z]

Hannah said...

Oh Epoch[z] I am so sorry. I am sure everything will work out fine. Going to the Doctor can be very scary but it will all be okay.

One of the Blogs I read (mistaking coincidence for fate) is writen by someone who is studying diabetes. I bet you can ask him some questions in his comments scetion. Here's the link..

http://mistakingcoincidence.blogspot.com/

Or you can just follow the link from my page.

Big hug to you,
Hannah

Epoch [z] said...

Thank you, but I suppose it can't be helped. I will look at his blog, I'm pretty sure he can tell me something. Thanks again :)


~Epoch [z]

Max Coutinho said...

Hey you! Oh Lord...I am so sorry about your discomfort! I must confess that as I read along I thought that you were perhaps pregnant, but then I realised that it is impossible...
I can't give much of an opinion cause I am not familiar with the disease, but I can tell you that I'll pray for you :)!
Go to the doctor, and I wish you all the best!
Cheers!

Epoch [z] said...

Haha I figured someone might think so, so I decided to put that little tidbit of my inexperience in there. Thank you. Good luck to me :P


~Epoch [z]

Deadpoolite said...

There are far worse things out there believe me... if you have it you will just have to adjust, it is not particularly uncommon (quite the opposite actually...) for someone to have diabetes ( a lot of people have it and they dont even know it...). Things are much better now than they were 5 years ago on this field,both treatment wise and quality of life wise.

I hate giving advice to someone I dont know personally so I'll stop now.

Hope it all ends up as smoothly as it can for ya.

Love your blog by the way, although this is my first comment on it (yeah I know I am a riot,talking about choosing an opportune moment, lol).

Till next time

Take care!

Epoch [z] said...

Haha I suppose there are worse things. I shouldn't worry but I can't help it :) Thanks for commenting by the way. I don't bite, drop by any time ^_^


Epoch [z]

Graham Ettridge said...

Dearest Epoch [z], I will keep you in my thoughts. Like you, many of my family have this condition. Some have to inject insulin, but some have been able to control it just by adjusting their diet (under consultation with their doctor).

I truly understand your worries and concerns. Please take care honey and make sure you go see a doctor soon.

Kindest regards as always ~ Graham :)

Epoch [z] said...

Thank you, it means a lot to mean. Unfortunately I'm in Florida right now on vacation. The food they feed me doesn't make me feel so good. When I go home, the doctor will be my first priority.

Hopefully I will only need to change my diet. Thanks again for your concerns ^_^


Epoch [z]

Daszzle said...

I'm so sorry for all the worry this is causing you. I really hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacation and then get home to the doctor and take it from there.

Diabetes also runs in my family and I understand the fear. Just remember that a variety of symptoms can come from a variety of different diseases (hopefully yours are coming from something a lot less extreme than diabetes)- a virus perhaps.

Good luck and keep us posted. I wish you the best!

Epoch [z] said...

I hope you're right... I'm a little tense right now though. Thanks for your wishes, I'll definitely keep you guys posted.


Epoch [z]

Gallardo Santini said...

Hi, dont be scared, nowadays its much more easy to deal with it!

I 've got too much persons in my family with diab. and they move on!

Anyway first step for shure is to
see you sugar level...! then u'll see...


http:\\3dthought.blogspot.com
u're invited!

Epoch [z] said...

I suppose I shouldn't be scared being how far we've come medically.

But yes indeed, I'll get that checked.


Epoch [z]

p.s. Thanks for the comment and the invintatiom. I accept :)

someGirl said...

hey there Epoch, so sorry to read everything that is occuring with your health....i hope everything is ok....Im with Spaceman, and try natural, lifestyle changes first and find yourself a GOOD doctor (you know my views on this!)

Epoch [z] said...

Haha I do indeed. I will try... although it could be difficult if we've got lot of old perverts running around ;p


~Epoch [z]

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm the diabetes researcher Hannah mentioned. Some of your symptoms do sound like they could be indicators of diabetes (and you have a history), but you won't know for sure unless you see a doctor and get your blood sugar tested. You might want to call beforehand and tell them your suspicions because they may ask that you not eat anything for 12 hours before you come in (i.e. if your appointment is at 8am , they may say don't eat anything after 8pm the previous evening before your test).

If you know anyone with a glucose meter (and it sounds like you do), you can actually do the test yourself. Fast yourself for 12 hours overnight, prick your finger, and read the meter (whoever has the meter can show you how to do it). You'll get a reading generally in under 30 seconds or less.

Normal fasting blood glucose is below 100 mg/dl. A person with pre-diabetes has a fasting blood glucose level between 100 and 125 mg/dl. If the blood glucose level rises to 126 mg/dl or above, a person has diabetes.

Definitely get it checked out sooner rather than later. Diabetes is much more manageable if you catch it before it gets out of control and the test is very simple and virtually painless (just a prick).

If you have any other questions, just drop me an e-mail. :)